Sometimes laminate countertops are just what you need. Simple, available in endless patterns, easy to install, and relatively inexpensive. It’s important to know how to clean laminate countertops, however, in order to prevent stains and ensure durability.
How to Clean Laminate Countertops
- Wipe up those spills immediately. That splash of spaghetti sauce will leave a stain in a heartbeat. The longer you wait, the worse it will be.
- Protect your countertops with items like cutting boards, trivets, towels, and a plastic mixing bowl as you’re cooking. Cutting boards, trivets, and towels will help keep foods, drips, and spices from dirtying your countertop, and you can use the mixing bowl to dispose of vegetable peels and other garbage. It also makes for easy cleanup overall. Just dump all the items in the bowl into the real garbage can, put away the trivets, throw the towels in the wash, and wash the bowl and cutting board.
- Clean your countertops with dishwashing liquid and water using a microfiber cloth. Make sure you don’t use too much water or soak the countertops, as the water can seep through and damage the laminate.
- Don’t use harsh items like bleach, which can stain the counters.
- Avoid using anything abrasive on the countertops, as they can scratch.
- Use a paste made of baking soda and water to remove basic household stains. Scrub gently to avoid scratching the countertop.
- To clean laminate countertops with a more natural agent, use a combination of vinegar and water. It’ll also give you more scrubbing power for something especially sticky or greasy.
Contact Us for More Information
Whether you want us to redesign your kitchen or want to know more about maintaining your existing kitchen, ask us about the best ways to clean laminate countertops, granite countertops, or any other surfaces.
Contact us through our JK Cabinets website or by phone at 480-219-9580.