Remember when the only kitchen and bathroom hardware and faucet colors were brass and chrome? Although it was much easier to select design elements when there were only two color choices, most kitchens and baths looked pretty much the same. Times have changed, and there are now a wide variety of color choices for bathroom and kitchen accessories. How do you know what’s best for your home? Here’s a list of the most popular trends for 2019.
Hottest Trends in Kitchen and Bathroom Hardware Colors and Finishes for 2019
- Matte black: You can find matte black in just about everything for the kitchen and bathroom. There are matte black appliances, cabinet pulls, and even faucets. This finish goes well with just about anything, but it adds a dramatic pop to a white shaker cabinet.
- Pewter and gunmetal. Like the dark, dramatic look but don’t want to go black? These lighter finishes are still on the dark side, but aren’t completely black.
- Ombre. Ombre, which means “shaded” in French, is the gradual blending of one color hue to another, usually moving from light to dark shades. Think of the popular ombre hair color. This hue is gaining popularity in the home as well, with a small number of ombre drawer pulls creeping up on the market.
- Rose gold. This beautiful feminine metal is everywhere from jewelry to shoes and even toothbrushes. Rose gold is a popular finish in the home as well, with a number of homeowners opting for this color in kitchen and bath drawer pulls.
Other Tips for Selecting Kitchen and Bath Finishes
- Don’t worry about matching your finishes. Your faucet doesn’t have to match your other finishes as long as the colors complement each other.
- If you have traditional colors such as brushed stainless or nickel in fixtures you don’t want to replace, consider pairing these finishes with new complementary colors. Good choices may be antique pewter or black matte. Finishes that go well with chrome are more limited, but may include white, black, dark bronze, or clear glass.
Switching kitchen and bathroom hardware colors is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to update your kitchen. If you are planning for a kitchen remodel, consider one of the hottest trends to add even more designer flare to your space.